losetimereading

A Great and Terrible Beauty
Libba Bray
The Truth About You and Me
Amanda Grace, Mandy Hubbard

Hex Hall (Hex Hall Series #1)

Hex Hall  - Rachel Hawkins Sophie is a half witch; her mother is mortal and her father is a warlock. After Sophie risked exposing her magic time after time her parents send her to “Hex Hall” a boarding school for witches, shapeshifters & faeries. Sophie gets wrapped up in a dangerous situation soon after she gets there: someone is after the Prodigium and trying to kill them. A handsome boy comes into the picture, a vampire and a dark family secret I knew I would like Hex Hall immediately. First of all, it’s a boarding school(given). Second, it’s about witches and third Rachel Hawkins has a great writing style. It’s incredibly easy to read and fun. I was instantly pulled into the story and finished it in one sitting.I really liked Sophie. She was a bit emotional but that was to be expected. She was basically thrown into this school against her will, has hardly been around any other magical creatures and isn’t sure who to trust. My favorite character had to be her roommate, Jenna though. I absolutely adored Jenna! She was the only vampire at the school and an outcast. My heart hurt for several times throughout this book because of the ridicule she was put through. Hex Hall definitely wasn’t a book that was friendly towards vampires! I also really enjoyed Archer. He had a great air of mystery surrounding him AND he was handsome, ohh.. and a warlock One of my favorite parts of Hex Hall was how much was explained about Sophie’s family and heritage. It really added quite a bit to the story and I loved how her great-grandmother came into the story. I also really enjoyed the faeries and shapeshifters. I found Hex Hall really descriptive and I thoroughly enjoyed the setting. I had a clear picture of the surroundings and creatures in my head!Hex Hall was pretty suspenseful. I thought it would be a bit fluffier than it was so I was pleasantly surprised. I was actually unsure who was going about the killings/attacks and I started to get suspicious of everyone. I really loved the ending, it really leaves you wanting to read the next book. I have a feeling that we won’t be seeing the last of Archer and I can’t wait to see more of Jenna!If you love light, paranormal reads I definitely recommend Hex Hall!