losetimereading

A Great and Terrible Beauty
Libba Bray
The Truth About You and Me
Amanda Grace, Mandy Hubbard
Brunswick - Ann Haines In the beginning I was having a hard time getting into the story, I actually read a very small amount over about 4 days which is unlike me. The closer it got to the weekend, I decided I had to commit to this book and when I sat down and actually focused on reading it, I really enjoyed it. The reason it was not a 4 or 5 star rating for me is because I believe it was a bit of a younger story and that's the reason I could not get into it as much as I would have liked. Most YA that I do read seems to be targeted at older teens whereas this story seems targeted to pre-teens or early teens. I definitely recommend it to someone in the 11 to 15 age category. Ann Haines did a wonderful job of world building with the imaginary land of Brunswick. I could really envision what Brunswick looked out and picture it in my mind and that is something that I really look for, if I can't imagine the world it takes place in, the story will fall flat for me. I also very much enjoyed how much of Jonathan's real life tied in with the imaginary land as well, I thought that was a unique factor and I liked how it also tied in Jonathan's father. The ending was a twist I did not expect, which I shall not spoil for anyone, but it was really a twist that I did not even think of!All in all this was a nice, cute read about a young boy who travels to an imaginary land. *I received this book for review purposes.