losetimereading

A Great and Terrible Beauty
Libba Bray
The Truth About You and Me
Amanda Grace, Mandy Hubbard
Barbie Girl (Baby Doll, #1) - Heidi Acosta First reviewed on my blog, Lose Time Reading.Barbie is the bad girl at school. She does her own thing, doesn’t have any friends and is seen as a slut. One day her Math teacher tells her that she needs tutoring… the best option is Dylan, a boy she has known since grade school but they haven’t spoken in years. Barbie doesn’t have any way to pay him so she makes a deal, that she will get Dylan the girl of his dreams. The girl of his dreams is stuck up, smart and perfect to a tee… the total opposite of Barbie. At first it’s just a deal they made but suddenly both Barbie and Dylan are fighting off whirlwind feelings… and there is more to be exposed than just feelings.Holy SMOKES! This was not the average contemporary but I went into it thinking it was. I thought it would be the normal bad boy/girl falls in love with said good girl/boy, there is some rocky patches but eventually they are together. And don’t get me wrong, I love that story… it never gets old to me, lol but there was SO much more to this story. It touched on a lot of raw, deep, emotional issues.First off I loved Barbie. She was such a bitch… but such a deep character. She had a lot of layers, and I wasn’t expecting that. (OK, forgive me… her name was Barbie!) She was also very free-spirited and didn’t care what anyone thought… and I loved that about her. I adored Dylan as well… the sexy, nerdy boy. Mmmhmm… who could ask for more really! And one of my favorites had to be Third. He was such a sincere honest character and I loved his loyalty(to a fault) for his friends.Not only did this book have an amazing story, but it also made me laugh. I actually laughed out loud at several points… the Mean Girl references… and especially Dylan’s younger sister. I’m not sure why I found her so funny, but the things she would comment on were just so innocent.Barbie Girl blew me away honestly… I absolutely adored it and I cannot wait for the second book. It ended at a place that is really open for interpretation what is going to happen and I just need to know!If you love romantic contemporaries, that will make you laugh but also touch on your emotions, absolutely try this one.