losetimereading

Libba Bray
The Truth About You and Me
Amanda Grace, Mandy Hubbard

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -  'David Levithan', 'Rachel Cohn' First reviewed on my blog, Lose Time ReadingOMG! Why did I wait so long to read this? And frankly, I’m so disappointed in myself I read this after Christmas! It’s just a fun Christmas-y book and I will definitely be picking this up next year. Since I’m late on joining this bandwagon, I’m not sure I will have much to add to the discussion that hasn’t already been said… but I’ll give it a shot!I absolutely loved the characters.. Dash, hands down, might be one of my favorite male characters in a book thus far. His dry, sarcastic attitude was right up my alley. I loved how he always tried to sound so smart and over scholarly, and I really liked his hipster vibe. I also really liked Lily. Normally melodramatic characters kind of irritate me but Lily had such a fun, unique personality it counteracted the melodramatics. And I’m not sure she would have been Lily without being a bit dramatic I also adored Lily’s family… they were all a little bit strange and dysfunctional but meshed so well together, such a warm family unit.The romance was absolutely adorable. I loved the idea of trying to find a boyfriend by hiding a notebook around the city and trading it back and forth. The entire idea was so fun and I loved that it began in a book store. The “dares” were completely innocent but a little risky at times and I could not stop reading to find out where they would lead each other to next.Dash & Lily’s took me absolutely no time to read… I flew through the entire book in a matter of a few hours. Rachel Cohn & David Levithan’s writing flowed together so well, if I hadn’t of read the note in the book, I would have had no idea who was writing which chapter. I loved their writing styles and it’s safe to say this will not be my last collaboration book I read of them.I 100% recommend this to anyone who wants a fun, fast read. I don’t have a single negative thing to say.